A native of the Charleston, SC area, Dr. Kimberly has been creating happy, healthy smiles for years. Since earning her Doctor of Medical Dentistry from the Medical University of South Carolina, she’s completed continuing education focusing on children including:
- Pediatric externship at The Children’s Hospital in Denver, CO
- Pediatric mini-residency at the University of Florida
- Pediatric externship at Miami Children’s Hospital
- DOCS Education – Pediatric Oral Sedation Dentistry
She’s also very active in Lowcountry communities, dedicating her free time to local organizations serving people in need. Dr. Kimberly’s volunteer activities have included:
- Performing free extractions and facilitating hands-on learning for students at East Cooper Community Outreach
- Providing dental exams and oral hygiene demonstrations for Special Olympics participants
- Providing screenings for reserve troops preparing for deployment (via Great Lakes Dental)
Dr. Kimberly is a member of the American Dental Association and is credentialed at Trident Surgery Center to perform dental treatment with sedation.
My name is Dr. Kimberly.
I’ve treated many dental patients over the years—students, special needs adults, even soldiers. In my years of practicing general dentistry, I was always drawn to children and teenagers. That’s why I decided to open a Summerville practice especially for them. Palmetto Kids Dentistry is designed to be a fun, pleasant experience for both you and your children.
As a mom, I know first-hand how challenging it can be to get toddlers comfortable with toothbrushes and kids ok with dental exams. I’m here to help so that together we can ensure your child will enjoy a lifetime of healthy teeth and beautiful smiles.
I’m looking forward to meeting your family!
Dr. Kimberly Duffey